Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Soft Snickerdoodles



1 cup Crisco
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla

Mix well!

Add:

1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
3 cups flour

Mix well again!

Here I covered my Kitchen Aid bowl with plastic wrap and put it in the fridge for a few hours while I went about my life.... You can also freeze it for 15 minutes... you just need the dough to be firm for rolling.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Cinnamon sugar coating-- a 1:4 ratio of cinnamon to sugar. I used 1 tbsp of cinnamon and 4 tbsp of sugar, and it was plenty for one batch. Put the cinnamon sugar mixture in a shallow bowl. Make cookie dough balls about 1/2" to 1" thick... I like having almost-bite-size cookies, so I keep them pretty little. Coat each dough ball in the mixture and put 16, spaced evenly apart, on each cookie sheet.


Bake for 8 minutes. Let cool on cookie sheet for about 5 minutes.


Enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Background

Harrington



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com